- Take the ferry to Discovery Bay and walk uphill to Discovery Valley Road until you reach the Discovery Bay Reservoir.
- Take the MTR and Get Off at "Sunny Bay Station" then take any bus that will lead you to Discovery Bay. Get off next to DB Residence Club and walk uphill to to Discovery Valley Road until you reach DB Reservoir.
- Walk along "Tung Wan Tau Road" and from here you will pass the Silver Mine Bay until you reach a section with a stair heading uphill next to a sandy color lavatory and residential houses.
- At least 500ml of Hydration.
- Hiking Pole (Optional)
- Extra Shirt (During Summer)
- Swimwear (If you wish to take a dip during summer)
- Convertible Pants (Pants to Shorts vice-versa)
- Arm Protector (Optional but to prevent scratches)
- A good spiky running shoes will do the job
(Note: This trail is done from Discovery Bay to Mui Wo or Silver Mine Bay)
After walking uphill along Discovery Valley Road and pass the DB Reservoir you will see get meet this "Flyover", and the starting area is just around the left bend with a green board signage that says "Mui Wo" and "Trappist Monastery".
|In this section, you will now start to hike on the natural and maintained trail.|
|Almost everywhere is like this type of terrain so you better have a good |
spiky shoes cos it can be too slippery when rain.
|Don't get lost!|
With that Blue Signage board you'll never miss a turn.
|This is just the main scene as you walk along this wonderful trail..."Discovery Bay"|
|Here comes the rough part!|
You will start to negotiate to too many ups and down and side winding along the beginning of trail but this is where you will need to cross the mini stream and Hike thru the bushes.
|The Mini Stream|
There's a signage that could cause some confusion but it's easy, just follow the signage that says "Mui Wo" and you will cross this mini stream.
|After crossing the Stream, you are now bound to negotiate thru the shrubland so prepare those arm-cover or scratch protectors.|
You are going to Hike that Mountain and it's last don't worry (^.^)
...and for sure you will be celebrating on the other side!
Tai Shui Hang 276masl
|Read the sign and know your bearings..."Mui Wo".|
|After trekking thru the jungle, you are now bound to walk along the concrete stairs and road again|
....until you reach "Silver Mine Bay".
|This is "TUNG WAN TAU" the road along Silver Mine Bay and this section can be your|
"Starting Point" as well and finish at Discovery Bay.